CART
€ 0,00
Our scientific team

Our scientific team

For the formulation of all Pandrosia products, scientific advice is provided by the Laboratory of Food Engineering and Processing of Agricultural Products of the Department of Biosystems Engineering of the T.E.I. (Technological Educational Institution) of Thessaly, in collaboration with RENOVA, a prominent research and innovations company within food technology.

Collaboration Aim: the creation and development of innovative, natural and effective organic Aloe vera gel products.
With this objective in mind, our scientific collaborators are currently investigating the rare biodiversity of Kos and exploring and recording the individual activities and properties of the island's valuable plant life.

It is the active synergy with the compounds found in these extracts and essential oils of the aromatic plants of our island, which enhance and maximise the miraculous activity of our gel. This is done with:

• a sense of responsibility towards the invaluable natural heritage of our island,
• respect to our environment, our consumer and our partners,
• the use of the best possible practices and adherence to international quality assurance standards.

With this sincerity the Drosos family and their scientific team proudly endorse and validate a series of completely natural, innovative products that aspire to be at the top level of green cosmetology and ecological gastronomy.

What is an “organic product”?

Certified organic products are those which have been produced, stored, processed, handled and marketed in accordance with specific technical stipulations. In accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, to be authorised with Organic Certifications, landowners, cultivators, handlers and processors must provide a large portfolio of information including the history of substances used on the land, detailed plans of practices which are used in the production and processing stages, as well as how conformity and monitoring thereof is asserted. Growers and handlers must also demonstrate how they prevent organic cultivations from coming into contact with non-organic materials (inorganic insecticides, pesticides and fertilisers) and inspections are generally conducted annually. The label carries the name of the certification body as well as the standards with which it complies. Standards vary worldwide; but the general purpose is to promote cycling of resources, ecological balance and biodiversity.

The science behind the magic

The main feature of the A. vera plant is its high water content, ranging from 98 - 99%. It is the remaining 1.0% which makes the magic happen. The plant is reported to contain over 75 potentially active compounds belonging to ten different chemical groups including amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, lignins, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, salicylic acids, saponins, and sterols. But do not underestimate the importance of the high water content and the synergic interaction of all the constituents within the leaf gel.

Aloin and emodin are anthraquinones found in the outer leaf and impart strong laxative properties as well as a very bitter taste making the plant unpopular with hungry predators. When the leaf is carefully peeled and filleted it loses almost all its laxative properties and the inner gel reveals valuable benefits.

The healing power of aloe gel is attributed to the synergistic way in which the many constituents within the gel work and come together on a biochemical level. The main activities which are imparted are listed below and are all essential in making this plant the miracle healer for which it is renowned today:

  • regulation of the skin pH level
  • rapid penetration into the lower layers of the epidermis
  • accelerated tissue regeneration due to cell division stimulation
  • enhanced blood circulation under the skin through blood vessels dilation
  • inhibition of bacterial, viral and fungal development
  • anti-inflammatory and astringent action
  • relief of pain and itching
  • true skin moisturiser
Copyright © 2018 Pandrosia